Call for Abstracts 2017 (NOW CLOSED)
The Home Economics Department, St Angela’s College, Sligo and the International Federation for Home Economics would like to invite you to submit abstracts for their upcoming international conference.
- Date: 23rd – 25th March 2017
- Location: St Angela’s College, Sligo, Ireland
- Website: http://www.stangelas.nuigalway.ie/ifhe2017
Theme: Sustainable and Healthy Lifestyles: Policy, Pedagogy and Practice
Promoting wellbeing can contribute towards achieving sustainable and healthy futures. The theme of the conference is Sustainable and Healthy Lifestyles: Policy, Pedagogy and Practice. One of the major challenges facing society is the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals which aims to empower individuals, families and communities. The upcoming conference will provide opportunities for advancing ideas related to the conference theme, examining the role policy, pedagogy and practice contribute to sustainable and healthy lifestyles. We invite members from all sectors (i.e. educational, academia, statutory, community, voluntary and industry) to submit abstracts aligned with the conference theme.
Research / Best Practice Themes:
- Home Economics vision, philosophy and literacy
- Education for Sustainable and Responsible Living
- Food, Nutrition and Public Health
- Family education, research and practice
- Textiles Skills and Education
- Curriculum development / transformative education pedagogy
- Education and wellbeing - Alignment of policy and practice
- Consumer empowerment
- Work based learning
- Partnerships for wellbeing (with government entities, national authorities, industry, CSOs, NGOs etc.).
Abstracts on other topics will be considered; however, these need to be relevant to the conference theme.
Types of presentations
- Oral presentations:
A 15-20 minute presentation (including time for questions) will be allocated to oral presentations. Although independent of other presentations, individual papers will be programmed according to the thematic stream and key words nominated by the author(s).
- Poster presentations:
Author/s will be required to be in attendance at a session for a specified period for discussion of their poster. Specifications for posters will be confirmed upon acceptance.
IFHE program committee chairs are encouraged to coordinate sessions that showcase and further their work and achievements since the previous IFHE World Congress and into the future. Chairs should submit an abstract as 'first author (main author)' and list other presenters as 'other authors'.
- Textiles Exhibit:
All proposed textile exhibits are to relate to the theme. Abstracts for textiles exhibits should be set out with the following subheadings: Materials; Techniques; Inspiration. Each textiles abstract should be accompanied by a photograph or preliminary sketch of the exhibit.
- Abstracts should be submitted before midnight (Central European Time) of Monday 12th December 2016
28th November 2016via the online submission form at http://www.stangelas.nuigalway.ie/ifhe2017 .
- More than one Abstract may be submitted per author, but each Abstract must be sent separately.
- The first author will be considered the corresponding author. All communication will be with this person.
Criteria for Acceptance of Abstracts
- An individual may only submit two abstracts (excluding textile exhibitions) as a first author (main author).
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- The abstract should be a maximum of 300 words (or 3,500 characters) and identify up to five key words.
- All Abstracts will be blind peer-reviewed and selected on the basis of merit and relevance to the conference theme.
- Research papers must be based on scientific research and identify the Aim, Method(s), Results/findings, Conclusion and add to the body of knowledge in the field of Home Economics.
- All presenters must register and pay a conference registration fee by no later than 31st January 2017; otherwise the paper/presentation will be removed from the program.
- Responsibility for transport of accepted exhibit items to and from the conference, including taking down the piece at the conference, lies with the individual artist/exhibitor. All such items must be the original work of the attributed artist/exhibitor.
|Closing date for abstract submission||
12th December 2016
|Notification||16th December 2016|
|Early Bird registration closes||31st January 2017|