What is the Student Assistance Fund?
which is co-funded by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund under the Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020. The objective of the Fund is to provide financial assistance to full-time undergraduate or postgraduate students in need of such support. The Fund is intended to support students whose participation in higher education would otherwise be at risk as a direct result of financial difficulties.
Am I Eligible to Apply?
- A full-time student registered with St Angela’s college, participating on third level courses of not less than one year duration leading to an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification may apply.
Please note you must be registered for the current academic year and have paid the student levy to be considered for funding
- Experiencing acute or unexpected financial hardship
- Applications to the Fund open 28th September 2016. Closing date for completed applications 20th October 2016 at 5pm.
- You may apply once before and once after Christmas if financial assistance is required
- Applications to the Fund open again on 10th January 2017. Closing date for completed applications 29th January at 5pm
How do I Apply?
- Enclose all relevant documentation with your application –
- Expenditure Receipts pertinent to your application e.g. Rent, Food, Academic Materials, Childcare, Heat, ESB.
- Bank Statement showing at least 6 weeks of current transactions
- Confirmation of parents/guardians income (P60, P21 or payslip)
- Confirmation of applicants income (P60, P21 or payslip)
- Confirmation of Social Welfare payment to parents/guardians
- Confirmation of Social Welfare payment to applicants
- Details of grants
- Verification of Mortgage
- Copy of Medical Card
- Meet with the Student Services Officer to ensure your application is complete (Aras Brid Room 207)
- Appointments sheet is on the door, please put in your name and contact details in appropriate space or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What Happens to my Application?
- Applications for the first round of funding closes at 5pm on 20th October 2016. If your application has been successful, payment will be made at the end of November
- Applications for the second round of funding close at 5pm on 27th January 2017. If your application has been successful, payment will be made at the end of February 2017
- All completed applications are brought before the Welfare Committee (College Registrar, Access Officer, Student Welfare Officer, Student Services Officer) to allocate funding.
- The Committee may require further clarification or interview in relation to aspects of the application
- Applicants will receive written notification on the decision of the Committee as soon as possible and successful applicants will be emailed about collecting their cheques from Student Services office. Students must sign for cheques as this receipt is required for Audit purposes.
- Please note that Funds are limited.