In 2006, the College forged a linkage with National University of Ireland, Galway (NUI Galway), which will continue to be a catalyst for the advancement of University-level education for the North West.
Shnaidhm an Coláiste nasc le hOllscoil na hÉireann, Gaillimh (OÉG) i 2006, nasc a bheidh ina údar ar dhul chun cinn an oideachais ar leibhéal na hollscolaíochta san Iarthuaisceart.
The strategic partnership between St Angela’s College, Sligo and NUI Galway enables the expansion of University-level education and research in the region, while preserving the College’s separate identity. In 2008, St Angela’s College, Sligo celebrated 30 years of delivering academic programmes accredited by NUI Galway in the region.
Some initiatives between the two institutions include:
- Inter-institutional research;
- Outreach to the West and North West, including the Gaeltacht regions and engagement in cross-border educational initiatives;
- Programmes which address rural disadvantage, target marginalised groups and foster lifelong learning including the Access programme;
- Opportunities for student and staff development;
- Building collaborative programmes that use blended learning strategies.
Students at St. Angela’s College, Sligo are also registered students at NUI Galway who awards all degrees, diplomas, certificates and other qualifications. As registered students based at St. Angela’s College, Sligo all students have full access to all facilities on the University campus at NUI Galway.
For more information on NUI Galway, please visit www.nuigalway.ie
For further details on the partnership between St Angela’s College, Sligo and NUI Galway, please contact Maria Gallo, Office of the President at 071 91 95503 or email@example.com