The Main Library Collection totals approximately 22,000 volumes classified using the Dewey Decimal Classification system and is available for loan to registered students of the college. The collection is continually updated to support the diverse curriculum of the College with its main subject areas:
- Education and Educational Resources
- Social Sciences
- Home Economics and the related fields of Consumer Science, Food Science, Health, Nutrition, Textile Studies and Design
- Nursing Studies
- There is also a General Reference Collection of encyclopedias, dictionaries, directories, atlases and other subject specific dictionaries and encyclopedias which are not available for loan and must be used in the Library.
- The Desk Reference Collection holds texts that are in heavy demand by students. They are available for use only within the library and must be requested at the issue desk.
- The Teaching Resource Collection has been developed to support the microteaching/student teaching placement components of the B.Ed Degree course. This collection is composed of secondary school curriculum material, AV aids and other classroom presentation material and may not be borrowed.
- The Library’s Periodical Collection consists of approximately 250 academic journals and newsletters to ensure access to the latest research and developments in all subject areas. The majority of journals are available electronically online as are the bibliographic databases, British Education Index, CINAHL, and the British Nursing Index.
- The computerised Library Catalogue and all online resources are accessible via the Library Section of St. Angela's College StudentNet, the College’s internal student network system (available from all campus PC’s), and from the College internet website.